24 March 2008

I just got this message from Norbs, a friend of mine on MySpace... Anyhoo, it goes like this:


Hey. Just a quick question. Do you enjoy the attention you get from guys or do you just enjoy having the power over them to reject them? :D
-Norbs

P.S: Send only to gorgeous women
Stay safe. :)


The question did strike me, for some reason... and left me in a state of reflection... Do we really enjoy the attention we get from guys or do we just enjoy having the power over them to reject them?

My response is... Based on my own perspective and emotions (what I think and what I feel), I actually DO enjoy the 'attention' but enjoying rejecting them is an entirely different case (well, it is obviously a different case since Norbs gave me two choices ~ forgive me for my side comments) and is incredibly distasteful to me. For me, I believe, having the POWER to actually get to choose is what I prefer the most. I suppose this is what girls enjoy the most albeit headaches, internal conflicts arising from dilemma, and temporary insanity. However, having to choose and leaving some other guy or another guy (you led on) heartbroken, purposely or unintentionally, is not something that I actually fancy. I absolutely try hard to please everyone and hurting someone because of rejection (caused by us, women, allegedly) is inevitable but puh-leez!, it doesn't necessarily mean that we like it.

I admit that sometimes, I felt a wee bit happy dumping a guy (you led on) MAINLY because he is a notable 'cheater' or a 'player' or merely a 'jerk.' And it just made me feel a wee bit better, thinking that the guy deserved it. But at the end of the day, I just think about it and then I feel just a wee bit bad about what I did (you would definitely NOT see me laughing about it... I hope some guys would feel the same way when they lie and cheat on their gfs) because I could have set up a finishing line or built a wall saying 'DEAD END' as soon as I possibly can, as soon as I feel uncomfortable, and as soon as I realize that the 'two of us together' would be impossible. :(
Just a wee bit of advice:
Dumping him is one thing but leading him on then dumping him (intentionally) is another. And they're both awful and someone gets hurt. BUT if you are still undecided, don't forget to unlock all your doors and just let them all in (not totally assuring them but simply hinting that 'Boy, you might, just might, win me over') and from there you get to weigh and sort. Just choose wisely! LOL ;)
xoxo
D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates