24 March 2008

CROSSING BORDERS
xoxo D

Living a tedious life, a monotony
I looked outside my window
Saying to myself, "There’s life out there"
If I walk out through that door


I’ve never thought, I’ve never known
The world is such a big old place
There’s more to meet and yet unknown
Too many people of a diff’rent race


It struck me then, I know I should
I’d make a thing worthwhile for me
If I’m just here, stuck in a neighborhood
I’ll never see what’s there for me to see


Reck'ning that something should be done
I packed my bags then waved goodbye
& walked the unfamiliar roads under the sun
telling myself this is something I should try


I walked and walked until I reached an end
Then on the other side, a new beginning
I wandered alone, lonely nights I spent
Deep inside, I knew it was worth trying


I reached a point, somewhere there
Meeting strange people really matters
As I walked with them, uncovered later
New places, new faces by crossing borders

I wrote this a few years ago not knowing I would now feel exactly the same way. I never thought that I would now be here sitting in front of my computer in Kyoto, Japan... baby! ;p

xoxo
D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates