30 July 2009

...The Hangover...


"Some (people) are born to sit by a river. Some have an ear for music. Some are artists. Some swim the English Channel. Some know buttons. Some know Shakespeare. Some are mothers. And some people can dance."
says Benjamin Button.

Also, let me reshape Twilight’s catchphrase:


"When you CAN’T live forever, what do you live for?"


It made me realize, maybe I haven’t experienced everything yet but I can say that I have quite remarkable accomplishments already. I make it a point to try to have fun as much as possible and think that time is undefined for me to have inhibitions.

Being in Japan truly opened up countless opportunities for me to discover, define, develop, and distend myself. I have discovered things within me: untapped potentials, inventiveness, and mental resources.


I remember:

  • Watching football games in a pub ‘til 7 in the morning and then straight to my 9 AM class
  • Living with a motorcycle for a couple of days
  • Crossing and swimming in a river downtown
  • Entering prohibited areas: an unoccupied yacht, top deck of a ferry boat, men’s bathroom, and forbidden rooftops
  • Swimming through a deadly river
  • Being inside a men’s shower room fully-clothed with naked men surrounding me
  • Riding my bike (no hands!) at 4 in the morning from downtown all the way home
  • Conquering Japan’s highest peak Mount Fuji
  • Sleeping at a train station, waiting for the earliest train, with some friends
  • Being featured in different local magazines
  • Going clubbing and getting drinks though I’m underage
  • Being friends with the hippest club DJs and getting free tickets and drinks
  • Belonging in the hottest hip-hop dance group in Kyoto
  • Working as a security guard once and having everyone stare at me in disbelief


Have I done enough at this point in time? No. But if my time is over, I can say, “It was fun and meaningful while it lasted.” I’ve been through a lot of things one can consider as risqué but I have no regrets whatsoever. I may have suffered a couple of bruises and heartbreaks still I’m adamant in saying that all of it was my choice. It has always been my choice. I choose what I do and who I want to be. I choose to have fun. I choose to be happy.


So that leaves me with this flaming question: Who will I be? What was I born to do? What do I live for?


Maybe I still am not sure and my future is yet to be determined. But I hope to BE

someone who enjoyed everything she has done

someone who found contentment

someone who made those people around her happy

someone who inspired others

someone who made a difference

someone who was proud of herself


Now, I’m working my way, step by step, towards these goals.


[Image grabbed from RedBubble.net ]
********************************
Explore. Dream. Discover.

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    aww dana. But just to let you know : you definitely inspire people around you and make them happy as well - I should know.. I'm one of them :) yiiiii :)
    poseidra kilala mo na said...
    astig ung photo!
    DanaDaDiva said...
    katttt, awwww... thanks naman! I'm touched. mwah mwah!

    poseidra..., haha! thanks! i love the image too. ferozzz!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates